Impairment, due to injury or disease, may occur in activities of daily living. Occupational Therapy addresses sensory, motor, cognitive, and psychological components that cause difficulty in performance in areas such as self-care, work, leisure, recreation, and for conditions such as a stroke, pneumonia, multiple sclerosis, etc.
Occupational Therapy Specialties:
- Constraint induced therapy for upper extremity function, i.e., restoring use of arms and hands
- Treatment of hands for arthritis, injuries, post-surgery, pain, etc.
- Treatment for visual-perceptual difficulties such as double vision, low vision, lazy eye
- Vestibular rehabilitation – treatment of vertigo
- Stroke and spinal cord injury specialty
- Multiple sclerosis specialty
- Treatment of learning, reading, visual and sensory disorders among school-aged children
- Home safety / modifications
For more information, or to make an appointment, call 858-2147.